Red Spot Product
Weatherable UV Curable Hardcoat Technologies
With over 20 years experience in UV formulation and commercialization, Red Spot has earned a reputation for creating cutting-edge UV solutions for a wide variety of applications. Having developed the first approved UV curable hardcoat for automotive forward lighting, Red Spot is the acknowledged pioneer in the use of UV in the automotive industry. Our formulating knowledge as well as our expertise in applying and processing UV on 3-D parts and in UV application techniques and line design firmly positions us as the industry leader. Never content to rest on our past successes, Red Spot is excited to launch our new UVT610 "Gen IV" automotive product line to compliment the industry standard, UVT200.
Red Spot's UVT200 and UVT610 (Gen IV) series automotive hardcoats offer scratch and chemical resistance as well as exterior durability for polycarbonate headlamp lenses and side markers.
Commercialized in 1993, UVT200 technology has been a global mainstay and used by over 40 OEM's. Applied by either spray or flow coat methods and reclaimable by nature, UVT200 technology provides users with a high degree of flexibility.
Commercialized in 2008, UVT610 technology is the next generation of hardcoat that provides the superior exterior durability necessary to meet the stringent performance expectations of the industry. UVT610 is an innovative and versatile solution for optically clear applications
Some Automotive applications include:
- Tail lamp lenses, side markers, decorative trim and instrument panels
- Head lamp and fog lamp lenses, CHMSL applications and optical lenses
- Exterior film applications
- Interior film applications
Non Automotive Applications
Red Spot is also deeply invested in applying our hardcoat formulation knowledge to non-automotive applications. Whether the product is for interior or exterior use, applied by roller coat or sprayed, Red Spot is prepared to provide you with a coating to suit your requirements.
Experience in Innovation
Red Spot has leveraged our vast experience in formulating automotive hardcoats to develop products for a number of other applications, including:
- Plastic films for exterior and interior products such as gas pump facings, membrane touch switches and signature pads.
- Plastic sheet for the transportation and building industries
- Translucent architectural panels for natural lighting
- Solar reflectors and panels
- Molded-in-color automotive trim
Red Spot Advantages
- 18+ years of experience in formulating UV Hardcoats
- Custom formulation and innovative solutions
- Fully-staffed Application Engineering department
- State-of-the art application laboratory
- Exterior performance to meet or exceed competing technologies
A Global Leader in UV
Red Spot Paint & Varnish is a global leader in the development and production of high performance coatings for a variety of industries including automotive, packaging and appliances. With over 20 years of UV experience, Red Spot is an industry leader in the design and development of high performance UV formulations, application support and line design.