Frequently Asked Questions
Careers at Red Spot
Check here for any questions you may have about our HR department, hiring practices, and working at Red Spot. If you have any further questions, please contact our HR Department at 812-428-9469 or use our Quick Contact Form to contact us directly.
How do I contact Human Resources?
Use our Quick Contact Form to contact us directly.
What is Red Spot’s address?
1107 E. Louisiana Street, Evansville, IN 47711 or P.O. Box 418, Evansville, IN 47703
What types of benefits do you offer?
Red Spot Paint’s full-time positions offer a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to, the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance
- On-site Medical Clinic for those Evansville-based employees and dependents enrolled on the health plan
- Wellness Program, including on-site fitness programs, flu vaccinations, and on-site nurse.
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Savings Plan with Company Match
- Reimbursements for approved Professional Certifications/Training
- Short-term Disability Programs for hourly employees
- Long-term Disability Programs for salaried employees
- Employee Life Insurance – Company paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance – for employees and dependents
- Training and development
What are some typical career paths at Red Spot?
While career paths will vary dependent upon your career interests, educational background and experience, as well as available opportunities, typical career paths at Red Spot have included the following:
- Co-op/Intern→ Chemist→ Project Manager or Department Manager
- Production Employee→ Production Supervisor→ Technical Service Representative or Production Manager
- Technical Sales Representative→ Technical Sales Manager or Project/Product Manager
- Information Systems Technician and/or Programming Analyst→ Programming Manager and/or Information Systems Manager→ Corporate Director of Information Systems
- Purchasing/Procurement Agent→ Purchasing Manager
- Accounting Clerk→ Jr. Accountant→ Accounting Manager→ Controller→ CFO/Treasurer
How many employees work at Red Spot?
Red Spot employs approximately 320 employees, with over 200 working at the Evansville, IN location and the remainder working in our Detroit, MI, Canada, and Mexico offices. We also have employees who live and work in California, Illinois, North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin to cover customer needs in those locations (and the surrounding states.)
What is the average tenure of most employees at Red Spot?
The average tenure at Red Spot is 14+ years.
Are there opportunities to travel as an employee at Red Spot?
Since much of Red Spot’s business is global in nature, there are travel opportunities for some of our technical and managerial positions within the company. These individuals will periodically travel to such countries as Brazil, Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, Korea, and Germany, just to name a few.
Do you fill openings outside of the United States?
Yes we do! Please visit our open positions link to view open positions.
What types of positions do you have available?
Please visit our Available Positions link to learn about available career opportunities.
What is the process for applying for an open position?
To apply for an open position, you have the following options:
- Apply online through our link with CareerBuilder.com
- Mail your resume to Red Spot Paint, P.O. Box 418, Evansville, IN 47703
- Fax your resume to 812-435-1706
Please note that an applicant is defined as an individual who completes our applicant process starting with the completion of an employment application or internal job bid form. We do not regularly review non-solicited resumes (these are resumes that are randomly sent to our company and are not in response to a particular job advertisement or posting.)
What are Red Spot’s employment practices?
It is the policy of Red Spot to provide equality of opportunity for any qualified employee or applicant for employment irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, amnesty, disability or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Hiring of Close Relatives:
In regard to hiring close relatives, Red Spot does have a policy that includes not hiring close relatives of current employees for regular employment. We define “close relative” as husband/wife, mother/father, brother/sister and son/daughter. Step relatives and in laws of these relationships are included.
Does Red Spot hire co-ops or interns for part-time positions?
From time to time, Red Spot does offer opportunities for part-time, temporary summer employment for such positions as a Co-op Chemist. Typically, these positions begin in May and end in August when classes resume. Students who are enrolled in good standing as Chemistry or other science-related degrees at an accredited college should contact Human Resources in the spring to learn more about possible employment. Generally to be considered, students should have successfully completed basic chemistry courses, including lab work, not possess any vision deficiencies in seeing color, and possess strong math and analytical skills.
What types of qualities do you look for in your employees?
The types of qualities that we look for in a potential Red Spot employee will naturally depend upon the position for which we are recruiting. With that being said, some of the more common traits that are appealing to us include: creativity, strong work ethic, ability to work with diverse people, interest in continuous learning, effective communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
What can I expect my first few months of employment to be like?
Your first few months of employment with Red Spot will be a lot of hands on training and development with your manager and co-workers. For some positions, we often include “Paint School” so that our new employee can fully understand and appreciate the efforts that go into making quality coatings for plastics.