Achievements & Awards
About Red Spot
Here at Red Spot we are constantly striving to meet and exceed your expectations. One way we achieve this is to be the best in our industry. Here are a few Achievements, Awards and noteable achievments our products earned.
2013 Chrysler Group Supplier of the Year
Red Spot Paint and Varnish Co., Inc., was recently presented with the 2013 Chrysler Group Supplier of the Year Award for Innovation at the annual Supplier Strategy Meeting held in Auburn Hills, Mich. (Read Full Press Release)
2013 GreenOvation Business Award
Red Spot Paint and Varnish Evansville received a GreenOvation Business Award for 2013 at the Keep Evansville Beautiful Annual Awards Luncheon on October 9, 2013. This GreenOvation Award is given to a select few Tri-State businesses, who endeavor to sustain a “green” environment, conserve our natural resources, and beautify the business landscape of Evansville. The award program provides a simple points-scoring system for landscaping, litter abatement, recycling, natural resource conservation and civic outreach. The GreenOvation Award recognizes leadership that enhances the region's image and curb appeal, and exhibits an understanding of the economics of conservation.
Some awards Red Spot has been given in the area of Wellness include:
2011 Indiana’s Healthiest Employer
On August 24, 2011 Red Spot was recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal as the winner of the 2011 Indiana’s Healthiest Employer Award, in the category of 100-499 employees. Six judges selected a winner and 2 finalists in each of the 5 categories, based on 75 questions and a 500 word essay describing their wellness programs. We were honored with a plaque to hang at Red Spot, along with recognition among peers across the state. Other honorees included companies such as Indiana University Health, Toyota Manufacturing (TMMI), Angie’s List, Logansport Memorial Hospital, etc. On August 29th, the Indianapolis Business Journal will publish an article that highlights Red Spot’s Program. Red Spot’s Wellness Program would not be such a success if it wasn’t for the employees and supportive families that make up our workplace. The creation of “Fit for Life” in 2010 and the implementation of onsite workouts through WellFit in 2011 set us apart from other companies across the state!
Indiana Wellness Council 4 star Certification
Red Spot earned the Indiana Wellness Council 4 star certification in September 2011.
Some awards Red Spot has been given in the area of Safety include:
American Coatings Association Safety Award of Honor
Red Spot’s Westland, Michigan plant received the “Safety Award of Honor” for “outstanding achievement in maintaining a record of no “lost time” accidents during the year. Red Spot’s Evansville, Indiana plant received the “Safety Award of Merit” for “outstanding achievement in improving its safety record during the year”.
The ACA Safety Awards are comprised of the following categories:
- Safety Awards of Excellence These awards are presented to companies in various sized categories for establishing zero death and total lost workday cases for the subject five-year period.
- Safety Awards of Honor These awards are presented to companies for having the lowest rate of death and total lost workday cases for the latest reporting year.
- Safety Awards of Commendation These awards are presented to companies for having the lowest rate of death and away-from-work cases during the latest reporting year.
- Safety Awards of Merit These awards are presented to companies for the most improved safety records for a specified reporting period. Safe work practices prevent injury.
- Employer Support of the National Guard & Reserves
- 2011 Safety Award of Merit for Evansville, IN Facility from the American Coatings Association
- 2011 Safety Award of Honor for Westland, MI Facility from the American Coatings Association
Red Spot Congratulates ReflecTech, Inc. on winning a 2010 Emerging Technologies Award!
ReflecTech Mirror Film, protected by Red Spot hardcoat technology, replaces glass mirrors used as reflectors in Concentrating Solar Power Systems (CSP Systems). CSP Systems utilizing ReflecTech Mirror Film are a lower-cost, lead-free alternative to current reflector systems. Red Spot Paint & Varnish Co. Inc. Congratulates ReflecTech, Inc. on winning a 2010 Emerging Technologies Award!